Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Comit to the Mystique

Our sacred circle is awoken a dawn. We rise and greet the morning sun with inspired breath. Each of us stands shrouded in our princely robes, drawn in by nature’s dazzling show of brilliant color, generous bloom and bird song. We are gathered in a sphere around the great pyre, staring into the flames with mouths agape and hands to the sky. I can hear Brother Maynard to my left as he pops opens a fresh can of Pringles. The powdery odor of sour cream and onion dust float through the air and fill my nostrils with sweet fragrance. Although my empty belly moans and my mouth waters for the savory taste, I shake off the distraction. I am set on my task - for soon will be the time for ultimate sacrifice, soon we will honor the gods with our lives. I can see the sky open as I prepare to be reborn. The signal is given and I dance wildly into the flames, sharp pain and then cosmic relief as my soul floats upward. From this new vantage point I look down upon the entire scene and I can see Brother Maynard, with his childlike grin, munching deep into those crisp potato snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment